National Scholarship Portal (NSP) of India has released the official notification for OBC Scholarship Assam 2021 regarding the Pre-Matric (IX-X) and Post-Matric Scholarships for students for the year 2021-22. Interested and eligible candidates may apply online for OBC Scholarship Assam 2021 through National Scholarship Portal (NSP) at www.scholarships.gov.in.
OBC Scholarship Assam Details
Name of Scheme: Pre-Matric/ Post-Matric OBC Scholarship, 2021
Academic Session: 2021-22
Scholarship Authority: Government of India
Official Website: https://scholarships.gov.in
Required Documents: Students must have the documents listed below before proceeding with the application.
- Bank Passbook
- Cast Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Aadhaar Card/ Bonafide Certificate
Eligible Classes: The following categories are eligible under specified categories (i.e. Pre-Matric and Post-Matric).
- Pre-Matric: Class 1 to Class 10
- Post-Matric: Class 11 to Post Graduation
Candidates belonging to OBC category are able to submit online application for this scholarship after recommendation of their respective schools and colleges.
Eligibility Criteria of OBC Scholarship Assam
These scholarships shall be available for studies in India only and will be awarded by the Government of State/ Union Territory to which the applicant actually belongs, i.e. permanently settled. Individual eligibility criteria for each scholarships are as given below .
Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students
- Scholarship award will be sanctioned in the case of students whose parents/ guardians income from all sources does not exceed Rs.2,50,000/- per annum.
- The scholarships may be given to the students enrolled in class I or any subsequent class of pre-matric stage in the case of day scholars, and class III or any subsequent class of pre-matric stage in the case of hostlers. The scholarship will terminate at the end of class X. The duration of scholarship in an academic year will be 10 months.
- The scholarship will be tenable only in such institutions and for such pre-matriculation courses, which have been duly recognized by the concerned State Government and Union Territory Administrations.
- The students may not be allowed to take up employment or render help to parents in their work during the course of studies.
- The award will be discontinued if a student fails to secure annual promotion except in case of unavoidable reasons to be certified by the competent authority of the scheme.
- Migration of students from one institution to another would not normally be allowed during the course of academic year except under exceptional circumstances and in the interest of student’s academic career.
- The scholar obtaining benefits under this scheme shall not be allowed to avail of benefits under any other pre-matric scholarship scheme.
- Regular attendance record not less than 60% in the previous year should be pre-requisite for availing scholarship.
- At least 5% students with disabilities should be covered for grant of the scholarships.
- To avoid any duplication, bank accounts of the target beneficiaries should be Aadhar seeded.
- 30% of the beneficiaries should be reserved for girl students.
Post-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students
he scholarships will be open to Indian nationals belonging to OBCs, as notified by the Central Govt./State Govt./ UT Admn.;
- These scholarships will be given for the study of all recognized post matriculation or post-secondary courses pursued in recognized institutions with the following exceptions:
“Scholarships shall not be awarded for training courses like Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s Course and Private Pilot License Courses. Courses at Training-Ship Dufferin (Now Rejendra); Courses of training at the Military College, Dehradun, Courses at pre-examination Training Centres of All India and State levels.”
- Only those candidates who belong to OBCs so specified in relation to the State/UT to which the applicant actually belongs, i.e. permanently settled and who have passed the Matriculation or Higher secondary or any higher examination of a recognized University or Board of Secondary Education will be eligible.
- Candidates who, after passing one stage of education, are studying in the same stage of education in different subject e.g. I. Sc. after I.A or B.Com. after B.A. or M.A. in a subject after M.A in another subject will not be eligible.
- Students who, after having completed their educational career in one professional line, e.g., LLB after B.T/B. Ed will not be eligible.
- Students studying in XI Class of the Higher Secondary School courses or the XII class of the Multipurpose High School will not be eligible for it being a continuous school course. However, in cases, where tenth class examination of such courses is treated as equivalent to Matriculation and students who after passing tenth class join other courses, such students will be treated as post-matric students and will be eligible for the award of scholarships.
- Students pursuing Post-graduate courses in medicine will be eligible if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
- Students who after failing or passing the Under Graduate/Post-Graduate examinations in Arts/science/Commerce join any recognized professional or Technical certificate/diploma/degree courses will be awarded scholarships if otherwise eligible. No subsequent failure will be condoned except courses in Group ‘A’ and no further change in the course will be allowed.
- Students who pursue their studies through correspondence courses will be eligible towards reimbursement of non-refundable fee. The term correspondence includes distant and continuing education. Besides reimbursement of non-refundable fee, such students will also be eligible for an annual allowance of Rs. 900/- for essential/prescribed books, as applicable.
- Only two boys of the same parents/guardian will be entitled to receive scholarships. This restriction will, however, not apply to girls. Accordingly, scholarship availed by girls of same parents/guardian will not adversely affect admissibility of availing scholarship upto two boys of same parents/guardian.
- A scholarship holder under this Scheme will not hold any other scholarship/stipend. If awarded any other scholarship/stipend, the students can exercise his/her option for either of the two scholarships/stipends, whichever is more beneficial to him/her and should inform the awarding authority through the Head of the Institution about the option made. No scholarship will be paid to the students under this Scheme from the date he/she accepts any other scholarships/stipend. The student can however, accept free lodging or a grant or ad-hoc monetary help from the State Government or any other source for the purchase of books, equipment or for meeting the expenses on board and lodging, in addition to the scholarship amount paid under this Scheme.
- Scholarship holders who are receiving coaching in any of the pre-examination training centers with financial assistance from the Central Government/State Government will not be eligible for stipend under the coaching schemes for the duration of the coaching programme.
- Employed students whose income combined with the income of their parents/guardians does not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh per annum shall be eligible for post-matric scholarships to the extent of reimbursement of all compulsorily payable non-refundable fees.
- In case of unemployed students whose parents/guardians income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh per annum will be entitled for the scholarship under the Scheme.
Selection Process of OBC Scholarship Assam
All eligible Other Backward Classes candidates will be given scholarships subject to the condition eligibility prescribed in Para No. III of this Scheme’s official notification. Candidates belonging to one state, but studying in another state, will be awarded scholarship by the state to which they belong and will submit their applications to the competent authorities in that state. In the matter of exemption from fee or other concessions also, they will be treated as studying in their own state.
OBC Scholarship Assam Application Form
OBC Scholarship Assam application form is available in online format only. The same can be accessed through national scholarship portal https://scholarships.gov.in .
How to Apply for OBC Scholarship Assam ?
Candidates need to visit official national scholarship portal https://scholarships.gov.in for submission of online application this scholarship. One needs to follow below mentioned steps to apply online for this scholarship.
Important Dates of OBC Scholarship Assam 2021
- Starting date of submission: 16th September 2021
- Last date of submission: 20th November 2021
- Last date of Defective Verification: 28th November 2021
- Last date of Institute Level Verification: 30th November 2021
Important Web Links of OBC Scholarship Assam
- Online Application Link: Register | Login
- OBC Scholarship Notification: Pre-Matric | Post-Matric
- OBC Scholarship FAQ: Pre-Matric | Post-Matric
- Official Website: Click Here
Get More Job in Assam: Click Here